What Is CoolTone®?
The CoolTone® procedure is a body contouring procedure that applies noninvasive electromagnetic stimulation to the muscles. The procedure involves repeatedly contracting muscle tissues by passing electric currents through applicators that are in contact with the specific body area.
The CoolTone® procedure is FDA-cleared for improving abdominal tone, strengthening the abdominal muscles, and developing a firmer abdomen. Also, the CoolTone® procedure strengthens, tones, and firms the buttocks and thighs.
What Does CoolTone®Do?
CoolTone® is a non-invasive body contouring treatment that uses magnetic muscle stimulation to strengthen, tone, and firm the muscles of the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. The technology penetrates below the fat layer to strengthen and tone muscles in the treated area. Results can vary from person to person.
What Does it Feel Like?
Our team will discuss your individual treatment plan for your needs. A strap covers the applicator, and you may be dressed in a thin layer of clothing. Depending on the selected body area of treatment, one or two applicators may be applied over the targeted area.
The electromagnetic stimulation is delivered through the applicator and our team may adjust the intensity of the magnetic muscle stimulation as tolerated by you. During treatment, you will feel a series of involuntary deep muscle contractions over the targeted area that will last for a few seconds followed by a period of rest.
How Many CoolTone Treatments Are Needed?
When starting CoolTone treatment, you will receive two 30-minute treatments a week for four weeks. Following this, you should receive treatment once a month as needed for maintenance.
Prior to treatment, our team will perform a full body assessment to see if you are a CoolSculpting and/or CoolTone candidate to determine the best treatment plan.
We also offer financing options with Allē. Download the Allē App to apply or call our office for more information!
What Will it Accomplish?
The CoolTone® procedure improves abdominal tone, strengthens the abdominal muscles, and develops a firmer abdomen. Also, the CoolTone® procedure strengthens, tones, and firms the buttocks and thighs. Results and patient experience may vary.
Are There Any Reasons I Should Not Get The CoolTone® Procedure?
Yes, there are reasons why you may not be able to get the CoolTone® treatment. You should inform our team of your entire medical history. If you have one of the following conditions, inform your provider as you may not be an appropriate candidate for CoolTone® treatment.
- CoolTone® should never be placed over areas with metal, electrical, or electronic implants/devices such as cardiac pacemakers, implanted hearing devices, implanted defibrillators, implanted neurostimulators, drug pumps, or hearing aids.
- CoolTone® should be used with caution in persons with Graves’ disease, active bleeding disorders, or seizure disorders.
- Women who are close to menstruation may find that it comes sooner, or cramping is increased/intensified with CoolTone® treatments. Therefore, it is recommended to not undergo treatment during this time of the month.
Other medical reasons may include:
- Application over the menstruating uterus
- Application over areas of the skin that lack normal sensation
- Metal or electronic implants in the treatment area
- Implanted defibrillators
- Implanted neurostimulators
- Drug pumps
- Malignant tumor
- Hemorrhagic conditions
- Recent surgical procedure
- Pulmonary insufficiency
What Should My Physician Warn Me About?
The CoolTone® procedure has not been studied in children, those who are pregnant or lactating, or patients with any of the above conditions. CoolTone® should not be used in the heart or head areas, areas of new bone growth, over the carotid sinus nerves, or over the neck or mouth. CoolTone® should not be applied over swollen, infected, or inflamed areas or skin eruptions. Caution should be used for patients with suspected or diagnosed heart problems.
If you have a condition not listed above, inform your CoolTone® healthcare provider as you may not be an appropriate candidate for CoolTone® treatment. The safety and effectiveness of the treatment of areas other than the muscles within the abdominal, buttock, and thigh areas have not been established.
What Are Possible Side Effects?
The following effects can occur in the treatment area during and after treatment. These effects are temporary and generally resolve within days or weeks. The effects may include but may not be limited to:
- Muscular pain: Feeling of pain in the muscle several hours after treatment and resolution within several days
- Temporary muscle spasm: Feeling of contraction of the muscle several hours after treatment and resolution within several days
- Temporary joint or tendon pain: Feeling of discomfort or pain in the joint or tendon several hours after treatment and resolution within several days
- Local erythema or skin redness: Appearance of red area on the skin several days after treatment and resolution within several weeks
Contact Us Today!
At ReDerm MD Medical Spa located in Denver, CO, our team of healthcare professionals is dedicated to helping you reach the happiest and healthiest version of yourself. With state-of-the-art technology and equipment, we strive to provide you with the best care, service, and results possible.
Our mission is to help everyone look how they feel and enhance confidence and happiness. If you’re interested in CoolTone® treatment and want to know more, give us a call at (720) 550-6476.