Facials in Denver - ReDerm MD Medical Spa
Signature Facial: Our facials provide non-invasive, yet intensive and age-defying results. We utilize pharmaceutical grade products to regenerate your healthy skin cells, stimulate collagen production, and rejuvenate your skin.
Spa Facial with Peel: Same as our Signature Facial while adding a Glycolic or Salicylic peel. Gently adds extra exfoliation and brightening of the skin.
Express Facial: For our men and teens concentrating on specific skin concerns. Includes 2 step cleanse and scrub, extractions from the pores, soothing treatment mask, and SPF moisturizer.
Diamond Glow facial “More than a glow, a 3in1 skin transformation. This noninvasive facial treats the face, eyes, lip area, and more. Make your skin look luminous, nourished, and renewed. Diamond Glow’s powerful treatment simultaneously exfoliates, extracts, and infuses the skin with nourishing serums for results that last. “
RX Facial: Our signature medical prescription facial combines the most advanced skincare technologies into one sophisticated renewal treatment featuring four principal revitalizing approaches:
- Dermaplaning* provides a safe, effective epidermal exfoliation that also removes fine facial hair.
- Laser toning* stimulates cells in your skin's deeper layers to build collagen and elastin.
- Chemical peeling* speeds up the cell turnover rate, stimulating fast new skin growth and improve clarity.
- Custom compound serum* pharmaceutical strength solution is formulated specifically for your skin's needs.
- *May also be purchased individually
Microdermabrasion Facial Treatment in Denver
Microdermabrasion, as the name suggests, is related to dermabrasion, but it works only at a more shallow level (only on what’s called the stratum corneum, the topmost level of your skin, about 10 microns deep and consisting of dead cells).
If you’d like to improve the appearance of your facial skin, there are several alternatives, which work at different depths:
- Chemical peels – which use a caustic solution to remove surface roughness and irregularities like fine lines
- Dermabrasion – which uses a surgical instrument to remove deeper imperfections like acne scars
- Laser skin resurfacing – which uses a laser to remove surface irregularities like some scars and fine lines
What does microdermabrasion do?
- “Micro” means small, as in microscope, micro-organism
- “Abrasion” means scraping, as when a child falls over and scrapes his knees
- “Derm” refers to the skin, as in dermatology
Microdermabrasion is a method of scraping a very thin layer of tissue from the surface of the skin to remove minor imperfections such as:
- Age spots
- Crows’ feet
- Fine lines
- Some scars
- Blackheads and whiteheads
How does microdermabrasion work?
An esthetician will use a hand-held instrument which projects tiny crystals onto your skin, and the crystals gently scrape the skin surface, polishing it smooth.
- Each treatment takes a half-hour to an hour
- How many treatments you need will be decided between you and our trained paramedical staff
- The treatments should be spaced apart about 3 weeks
When the microdermabrasion is completed, some maintenance will be needed to keep your new smooth look.
There are virtually no side effects
- It works well on all skin types
- No anesthetic is needed
- You can immediately return to your normal activities
- It’s a good alternative for people whose skin might be sensitive to chemical peels
Limitations of Microdermabrasion
Apart from accidents, there are two major causes of skin damage:
- Aging — When our skin sags due to aging (loss of elasticity and the long-term effects of the force of gravity), and our facial contours change because of jowls and sagging cheeks, this is usually best remedied with a facelift or other type of surgical intervention.
- Unprotected sun exposure — When our skin becomes wrinkled and roughened from years of sun exposure, it can be smoothed and rejuvenated by non-surgical treatments like microdermabrasion.
It might be that you’d be best treated by a combination of surgical and non-surgical treatments. Dr. Fante and his staff will discuss all your options with you and together you can arrive at the best strategy.